Monday, January 30, 2012

Nikki Sivils receives huge honor!


Springfield-based Nikki Sivils of Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker received a special honor at the winter Craft and Hobby Association winter convention. She was honored for initiating and organizing scrapbooking vendors and also individuals to contribute products to help at least 50 Joplin scrapbookers gain their hobby back after losing everything in the tragic tornado that nearly demolished the southwest Missouri city a little over six months ago.

We served as one of the drop-off locations for individuals who wanted to donate to the cause, so we saw first-hand how enormous the task was. After we had collected the items, and our lobby could hold no more, Nikki came by herself to load the hundreds and hundreds of pounds of scrapbooking items to take to her home to be sorted and combined with the products manufacturers had sent. It was a huge undertaking, and she did it with style. She is extremely deserving of the award, and we're proud to know her. Like we've done in the past, we hope to have a special day for her company this spring.

Here's what Nikki had to say about her award...
"I have no words for what I felt today! So honored that CHA choose me for their 'Service to Humanity' award. It was much bigger than I ever thought, 500 people in this banquet room that I had to walk in front of to get my award and to speak to! I was a bit of a mess, I thought it was going to be a small little breakfast of about 20 some people! Boy was I shocked when I walked in this huge room! I think I went straight to panic mode! After my wonderful husband talked me off the roof I was able to get through the entire event. Thank goodness I had no idea that the presidents, CEO's and vice presidents of Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Archivers, and Ben Franklin were there for this event! Not sure I would've made it through had I known everyone that was there!"

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS