Sunday, May 02, 2010

Thanks for celebrating National Scrapbooking Day with us!

Numbers that I'll remember from Saturday...
103 scrapbookers participated in the Super-Saver class sessions;
65 people in SG at one time (according to someone's husband who walked around and counted them!);
1 minute Allison had to run to the computer when she realized her 2 pm live chat on the Fisk-a-Teers website was actually 1 pm our time;
238 free mini-class projects completed;
180 gourmet mini-cupcakes eaten from the chocolate buffet;
4 happy Scrapbook Generation family members when we discovered that NSD 2010 broke last year's sales record and was our best day ever!


Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

Saturday's National Scrapbooking Day celebration was Scrapbook Generation's record-breaking best-ever single day of business. And I think that anyone who was there wouldn't be surprised...the store was full and fun all day long!

We can't thank our customers enough for the support that we receive all year long, not just on special days like NSD. (And your wonderful comments on Facebook are the icing on the cake. Or should I say cupcake, since the gourmet mini-cupcakes by Laura Parks of Something Simple were the hit of the day!)

Karin, Stacey, Allison and I are planning to slow down just a bit for the next few weeks, since I've been working us all pretty hard since January. We're still going to have all of our regular store events, but we won't be hosting anything massive that requires moving almost a whole store to a different location (not fun!) again until Scrap-a-Palooza on June 26.

This will give us time to focus on Sketches for Scrapbooking volume 6, that pesky DVD, and a brand new scary-exciting venture that I've let Stacey and Ali talk me into. It will change our lives and our business, in a good way, I hope! Watch our blogs, website, and Facebook for a simultaneous announcement from us maybe as early as mid-week!





4 comments:

Penny said...

NSD was soooo much fun and quality activities. Loved the cup cakes too! Thanks for all of the hard work you do!!

LeAnne Smith said...

I can't wait to hear what your next venture will be...maybe something like virtual classes with Stacey & Allison? online shopping at SG? Can you tell I live too far away to join you and so wish i could be there...LOL!! Heartfelt thanks to all of you at SG for the wonderful events you plan for your local customers as well as the inspiration you give to us non-locals!

dawn said...

I agree with LeAnne, she said it perfectly. So happy for all of you and thank you so much for your daily inspiration. You girls deserve a long-spa-related vaction.Mother's day is coming maybe it could happen. I can't wait for Wednesday now after reading your post and Allison's. I'm hoping it's something us on the East side can enjoy!! lol

kroller said...

Congrats! And Thank you as well! I love looking forward to all of your inspiring events,classes,sketches,crops,...the list goes on. : ) You make shopping fun and easy( that $25 I was planning on spending turned into $100!!!) Oh well, what else do I need $ for. LOL Can't wait for the next announcement.
Amy

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS