Friday, April 02, 2010

I promised several people that I would post the soup recipe that was served on Friday night at our three spring retreats, so here it is. And several at Windermere asked about the biscuits, so I'm including that, too. Yeast scares me, so the biscuits come through as my go-to "homemade" bread for family events!

Fried Potato Soup
1/2 pound bacon
6-8 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and grated
4 cups milk
1 can of cream of chicken soup
15-ounce can of corn, drained
salt and pepper to taste

Cut bacon into 1/2" slices and cook until crisp; remove bacon and set aside. To the bacon grease, add potatoes, onion and carrots; cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally and adding salt and pepper. Stir in remaining ingredients; simmer for 15 minutes. Makes 6-8 servings.

Pseudo Red Lobster Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not salt)
1 tablespoon parsley flakes

Mix the Bisquick, milk and cheese until a soft dough forms. Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Melt butter with garlic and parsley; brush immediately over biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Funny you posted this. I love potato soup and found a recipe on line very similar to it and I made it this weekend. It was so yummy! I will have to try it with the corn next time.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS