Saturday, May 19, 2007

At Scrapbook Generation, we continue to be thankful for the recognition our own Allison Davis, Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame for 2007, is getting in the world of scrapbooking. Currently on creatingkeepsakes.com, Ali is on the home page as one of two featured scrapbookers. The page CK chose to feature is one we have on display here in the store, if you want to see the workmanship up close.

I've also been told that another one of our Design Team members, Amy Estes, is also about to be published! I'll have to hear all the details from her, then I'll pass along the good news. We are so lucky to have such a talented group of ladies making pages for display and teaching classes!

Last night, our Scrapbook Generation team participated in Relay For Life. It was a beautiful evening as far as weather, which was nice. We all rush around and lead busy lives, and when I'm hurrying around trying to get everything together to attend the event, I always wish I could just stay home and rest. Then when I get there, and just sit down and think about why we're involved in this remarkable event, I know that, tired or not, that is where I should be.

Our team raised over $1,200 this year, and that makes us very proud. It was a group effort, with Karin as our team captain. Thanks to Linda, Jennifer, Esther, Laura, Karen, Marti, David, Allison, and Stacey. The event is extra special to Linda, whose husband David is a cancer survivor, to Jennifer, who is a cancer survivor, and to Esther, who lost a husband to cancer. And as for the rest of us, I'm sure not one of us hasn't lost a family member or close friend. Attending Relay For Life is always a humbling event, and thanks to all of you who donated to help us in this effort.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS