Tuesday, April 04, 2006

This weekend I attended a scrapbook retreat at Lake of the Ozarks. I love going because it's a time when I can focus on doing some pages not for display, but just for me. My scrapbooking speed is pretty slow, but that doesn't bother me. I enjoy taking my time, moving stuff around, and reliving memories through the photos I'm using. It's also a chance to see all the great work that others are doing. And if we eat a little too much and stay up a little too late, no one cares!

Allison is a CK winner!
While I was at the retreat, my daughter (Allison Davis) called with great news. She had just found out that her layout was the first place winner in the Creating Keepsakes scrapbook page contest at the CK Convention in Kansas City. Her winning layout is on display at Scrapbook Generation, and it uses the new Hang 10 collection by BasicGrey. The page is about the two towns in her life -- Mansfield and Springfield. Allison has been creating some absolutely beautiful pages lately, and we're fortunate to be able to display them at the store.

Today's excitement at Scrapbook Generation:
New arrivals...
-- Bo Bunny: a zoo life collection including papers and stickers;
-- Colorbox: six great new sets of 5 fluid chalk inkpads and stylus -- some sets are monochromatic, and others are assorted combinations -- perfect to use for edging paper with some color. I used the monochromatic blue set at the weekend retreat I attended, and everyone around wanted to try them out!
-- American Crafts: large monogram-type rub-ons;
-- Meri Meri: cute Easter embellishments, like huge Easter bunnies;
-- Cross My Heart: 12 different page kits (baby boy, baby girl, pizza party, kitchen or recipes, poker, princess, western, and graduation themes) featuring an assortment of papers, die cuts, and other embellishments;
-- Art Bin: several organizers from the Super Satchel Series (most of these are 15"x14" -- perfect for storing/carrying papers and albums, others have dividers for smaller supplies.)
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS